For individuals with digital addiction.
Psychological counselling for children, young people and adults who are addicted to digital technologies and internet. This program is tailored to each individual according to his specific addiction and lasts up to one year.
The goal is not complete abstinence, but rather encouraging individuals to balance the use of technologies and other areas of their life. Treatment includes weekly individual counselling sessions, as well as group sessions and summer camp when appropriate. We encourage that client’s family (parents, partners) participate in our program by attending occasional/monthly family or group sessions.
Signs of addiction:
- Preoccupation with thinking about internet
- Spending a lot of time on the computer, smarphone.
- Loss of interest in other activities (hobbies, friends ...)
- Mood swings (positive emotions online, negative offline)
- Failing to adhere family rules or agreements with parents regarding the use of internet
- Ignoring school or work obligations (homeworks, deadlines, reports, etc.)
- Use of online activities as a strategy to escape from problems in other areas
- Lack of interest in other activities
- Denying or lying about problems
- Drop out of the school system or work environment
- Loss of meaningful relationships (family, partnership, friends)
- Acting-out when technology or internet are removed.
- Changes in sleeping and eating patterns